Hi Nicolas,

You can use JavaScript by adding a JavaScriptExtension object to the
page you want to refresh. In the content(Code) of the
JavaScriptExtension object you can have something like:

function timedRefresh(timeoutPeriod) {
   setTimeout("location.reload(true);",timeoutPeriod);
}

document.observe('xwiki:dom:loaded', function() {
   timedRefresh(5000);
});

...and the page will periodically refresh every 5 seconds (5000
miliseconds).

Using a <META/> tag is not really possible from a page's content because
it needs to be put in the <head/> of the rendered HTML page and the
content of a wiki page always ends up in the <body> of the HTML page. In
order to do it, you would have to modify some templates (or
alternatively use the 'Page Elements' section in the wiki Administration
-- xwiki3.0) and you would need to make sure you will refresh only the
pages you want to refresh, and not all the pages.

If you`re ok with JavaScript, this would be the cleanest option (IMO).
Other options may exist.

Hope this helps,
Eduard