Am 30.06.2011 10:33, schrieb Paul Harris:

> I'm a bit confused by this... I don't see how you could call this particular
> option "fine grained"
>
> I still want unregistered users to be able to see the front page, and maybe
> a page or two more - describing who we are and how to join up.
>
> If I tick those options, surely they would not be able to see any Welcome
> page that I wanted them to see?

Well, I can't speak for releases newer than 2.6 - but for that it was
really simple.
Maybe you haven't found the 'uregistered users' settings on the users
rights form ?

have a look at http://shept.org - it's xwiki powered does pretty much
what you describe.
I don't remember any particular problems with the rights setup ....

Andreas