I did get it working, the settings in the xwiki.cfg were correct. It ended up
being that the LDAP Admin package that I first attempted this config with
was over ridding the xwiki.cfg values, even through the LDAP Admin package
was throwing Groovy error every time I tried to use it.

Only issue I have now is with the LDAP group and XWiki group sync. For users
in the admin group it works fine, but for users in the All group, it doesnt
add the users to that group when the log in first time.

Thanks,
Chris