On the xwiki.org there is a feature on XWiki presented;
The WebDAV feature exposes wiki content (attachments, page content) through the
well-known WebDAV protocol.
This allows using WebDAV clients like DAVExplorer, file browsers like the
Windows Explorer (XP), the Finder (MAC) or
Nautilus (Linux) to directly browse and edit wiki content just as you would do
for files in your local file system.

Does this feature require configuration of the server.
Do I understand that by dropping photo's in a folder I could add photo's the
the XWiki photoalbum
although the XWiki stores all the attachments in a mySql database?

We have a server on version 2.7.1

Gerritjan