I have a page that is creating sub-pages with a button called "Create History
Log."  I create the sub-page name like HistoryLog-2011-09-27 from the current
date programatically.  These sub-pages have a HistoryLogClass object on them
which I begin editing in the inline editor.  During the save operation on this
object, I'd like to rename the page if the user has changed a date property on
the object.  Is there a way to do this?  I'd like it to work when creating a
new page or editing and existing page with the inline editor.

Reasoning: The user is creating a HistoryLog page (with object) a few days
after the fact, so they need to manage the date manually sometimes.  I like
having the date in the page name, to make a unique and sortable page list.  The
user would like to not go through the extra step of renaming the page manually.

Sort of like this for page creation:
$doc.name = "HistoryLog-" + $obj.getProperty("date").getValue()

Would I need to run $doc.rename() code when editing?

Is there a clever solution?

Thanks,
Scott