I had the same issue, the workaround I used was solution 3 : move back table
activitystream_events_params to use MyISAM ;)

Switching to InnoDb is not without consequences : in my case I perform full
online backups with mysqlhotcopy command, with InnoDb it won't be possible
anymore. And to perform online backups I will have to switch to mysqldump's
(what I was using to start with, and I stopped because I found it really not
easy to restore backups, and really far longer than with hot copy of tables
files - hours instead of minutes on slow FS). mysqlbackup is not part of the
community edition of mysql ... :(