Hi, all

I tried to set up the Open Office server 3.3 for the office import and
office macro. After installing OO 3.3, I succeeded with externally
managed (local) way (failure with internally managed way), and the OO
Server was set up as an independent system service with proper start up
parameters (-headless -accept="socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100;urp;"
-nofirststartwizard) for sure. However, the Chinese documents are not
imported correctly and all Chinese characters were displayed as question
marks.

After reading http://markmail.org/message/ytdrsk7ue752cr73, I know the
problem is the OO HTML export encoding is not set (correctly), in my
case gb2312 instead which should be utf8. According to the former
discussion, for OO 3.2.1, a common.xcu file in the profile directory
should be altered. But for OO 3.3, there is no such a file. However,
there is a registrymodifications.xcu file located in C:\Documents and
Settings\Default User\Application Data\OpenOffice.org\3\user, which
plays a similar role as common.xcu. Note, different user has different
profile directory, and in my case "Default User" is the default
directory for system service processes.

Simply add "<item
oor:path="/org.openoffice.Office.Common/Filter/HTML/Export"><prop
" to that file would set up the HTML export encoding to utf8, which
solves the problem.