On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Eugen Colesnicov <ecolesni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thomas Mortagne wrote
>>
>> ... What this script is doing
>> is to register a java object created with groovy, your velocity will
>> never be called when an event is received.
>>
>> Basically what happen:
>> * when you view the page: a java listener is created and registered in
>> groovy and your velocity is executed but onEvent is not called
>> * when an event is received: onEvent of previously registred java
>> object is called and nothing else, the script is not executed
>>
>> So if you need to do something when an event is received you need to
>> do it fully in the onEvent method.
>>

> Thanks Thomas!
> As I understand, I should include all my planned script actions inside
> groovy script (same as groovy script make changes in a title of source
> page)...
> According to this, I have another question. I should include ALL my actions
> inside this onEvent object? For example, can I have on another page
> something like macros (like velocity macros) and everytime, when I need
> (when onEvent is called) - call this macros from onEvent object and execute
> this? This is can be helpful if I need to repeat (when onEvent received)
> some actions (for example - change title not only for source page, but for
> all pages of a some class). If I can - it is possible to call velocity
> macros, or all like this procedures should be written on groovy?

There is some possible hack to call velocity script from groovy but
would be a lot easier to do pure groovy actually.

If you want to repeat a task you should add a groovy method, for
example onEvent itself is a method you can call it with parameters and
it also can return an object which is a lot better that wiki macro in
this context. Wiki macro are really targeting display and are really
not supposed to be use as methods.

To summarize: yes I think you will have to do learn some groovy and
after some time you will see that it's a lot better than velocity for
a use case like that where you don't have anything to display. You can
take a look at http://groovy.codehaus.org/Beginners+Tutorial which
seems pretty nice. You should get started pretty quickly, groovy is
really easy for someone who already did programming in any other
language.

> --
> Best regards
> Eugen Colesnicov!