Two questions on this :-

As you said One way is by embedding the session ID in each URL generated by
the application, which would indeed make the session work only as long as
you click through the links in the same browser window. Is it done by
browser internally or developer has to take care of this?

Regarding second point looks like from code xwiki is using cookies. Is
there a way to disable cookies so if want the behaviour mentioned in
Original post i can achieve it.