From: users-boun...@xwiki.org [users-boun...@xwiki.org] On Behalf Of Marius
Dumitru Florea [mariusdumitru.flo...@xwiki.com]
Sent: 20 February 2012 09:03
To: XWiki Users
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] understanding Livetable Macro (XE 2.4.30451)

Hi Ricardo,

On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 12:25 PM,
<ricardo.julio.rodriguez.fernan...@sergas.es> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> First of all, please, allow me to thank again all XWiki Team for this great
> framework! It could be it happens that on Sunday I'm prone to purple prose,
> but I do think I'll feel the same tomorrow morning! :-)
>
> Now, some doubts here...
>
> I'm not able to understand how filtering does work in Livetable Macro. For
> instance, I get a JSON file including a number of results following a
> modified getgroupmembers.vm. Here the line of getgroupmembers getting members
> column
>
>    "member"   : "$mdoc.getTranslatedDocument().title #if($hasAdmin ||
> $isAdvancedUser) (#if($wikiname != 'local')$wikiname:#end$m)#end",
>
> and one of the items in the JSON file...
>
>                    {
>    "fullname"     : "XWiki.XWikiIDISC04",
>    "prettyname"   : "XWikiIDISC04 (XWiki.XWikiIDISC04)",
>    "wikiname"     : "local",
>    "memberurl"    : "/bin/XWiki/XWikiIDISC04",
>    "docurl"       : "/bin/XWiki/XWikiIDISArealNeurology",
>    "grayed"       : "false",
>    "doc_viewable" : "true",
>    "doc_hasadmin" : "${xwiki.hasAccessLevel('admin', $context.user, $doc)}",
>    "member"   : "Neurobiology   (XWiki.XWikiIDISC04)",
>    "member_url" : "/bin/XWiki/XWikiIDISC04",
>    "doc_delete_url" :
> "/bin/XWiki/XWikiIDISArealNeurology?xpage=deletegroupmember&fullname=XWiki.XWikiIDISC04&ajax=true"
>   }
>
> The Livetable Macro instance showing group membership reads...
>
> #set($columnOptions = {
>  "member" : {'link': 'auto', 'type': 'text', 'displayName': 'Research
> groups'},
>

> But if I use strings content in $mdoc.getTranslatedDocument().title, I get no
> results in the filtered database. only strings in $m (showing the fullname of
> the document) work fine. You could check this behaviour on your own here...
>
> http://atrium_km.idisantiago.es/bin/XWiki/XWikiIDISArealNeurology
>>
>> With Firebug (or any other browser tool that catches XmlHttpRequests)
>> you can see that when you filter the live table (e.g. type 'logy') a
>> request like this is made:
>>
>> http://atrium_km.idisantiago.es/bin/XWiki/XWikiIDISArealNeurology?xpage=getgroupmembers&offset=1&limit=15&reqNo=5&member=logy&sort=member&dir=asc
>>
>> Notice 'member=logy' which specifies the filter. Now if you search
>> getgroupmembers.vm for '$request.member' (that's how request
>> parameters are accessed) you'll see why group members are filtered by
>> their document name and not by their document title.

Thanks for the explanation. Are these lines the ones concerned in this task?

#set($rm = $xwiki.rightsmanager)
#if($request.member && !$request.member.trim().equals(''))
  #set($countm = $rm.getAllMatchedMembersNamesForGroup($doc.fullName,
$request.member, 0, 0, $order).size())
  #set($members = $rm.getAllMatchedMembersNamesForGroup($doc.fullName,
$request.member, $limit, $off, $order))
#else
  #set($countm  = $rm.countAllMembersNamesForGroup($doc.fullName))
  #set($members = $rm.getAllMatchedMembersNamesForGroup($doc.fullName,
$util.null, $limit, $off, $order))
#end

$doc.fullName clearly appears as a parameter passed to
getAllMatchedMembersNameForGroup method.

>> You can find the rights manager source code here
>> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/tree/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-oldcore/src/main/java/com/xpn/xwiki/plugin/rightsmanager
>> . Unfortunately it doesn't have a method to retrieve group member
>> matched by their document title so you'll have to write this code by
>> yourself (either directly in getgroupmembers.vm or in a script service
>> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/WritingComponents#HFromwikipages
>> )

I'm afraid I'm not a developer myself! It is not easy for me to understand that
source code. But, even not been a Java person, is not possible to pass other
fields to the method to get the Livetable filtered? Please, why?

I've also found this...

http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/FAQ/Why+is+it+not+possible+to+filter+on+doc+title+in+a+Livetable#History

I can understand this, but I would like to find/be able to implement a solution
here (XWiki Enterprise 2.4.30451) because:

1. Livetables created showing group members are a really useful tool here.
XWiki groups are rather convenient to organize users and groups and assign them
rights on the set of documents of their concern.
2. Document title is a really, at least until now!, useful piece of information
that allow us, for instance, to store different translations of the name of a
group and recover them using getTranslatedDocument().
3. read-only SQL access to xwikidoc.XWD_TITLE and, for instance, XWD_PARENT
offers us a quite useful source of information to tabulate information on users
and groups. It is simple to create new documents with a given structure in
their names to easily filter contents by type of document.

Livetable filtering is an impressive tool. I would like to enable our users to
use filtering by name in documents like this...

http://atrium_km.idisantiago.es/bin/XWiki/XWikiIDISAreaEndocrinology?language=en

All pages have title: we have edited it in the three available languages.

Must I go through the creation of a new component to get it? Is there any
simpler way of achieving this? Any workaround to be used until I'm able to
understand how does work the whole thing and to write that component?

Thank you for your help,

Ricardo