On 10/21/2012 12:20 PM, Dmitry Bakbardin wrote:
Hi All!

How can I set up XWiki to work with HTTPS correctly? Where one can read it?

Because as far as I understood, that XWiki has no no native support for HTTPS
and it should work as following:
user -> https -> web server -> http -> XWiki -> http -> web server -> https ->
user

Is it the only way?

webserver->http is not quite recommended.

There are two proper ways of doing this:

1. Use Apache HTTPD as a reverse proxy:
- configure httpd to use SSL and listen on the 443 port
- configure mod_proxy_ajp to connect to Tomcat
-- if you're using a servlet container that doesn't support the AJP protocol, it's OK to use mod_proxy_http, but make sure you configure it correctly so that XWiki knows the connection is secure

2. Configure the servlet container to work with HTTPs. Even the default Jetty distributed with the standalone distribution can do that. Look at the documentation for those projects to find out how to configure HTTPS support.

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/