> Hi Sergiu,
>
> For about a month, I have been happily getting watchlist updates from a
> private RSS feed by appending &basicauth=1.
>
> My feed URL is in the following format:
> http://subdomain.domain.com:8080/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/WatchListRss?xpage=plain&outputSyntax=plain&basicauth=1
>
> Sometime this week, it suddenly stopped working. I deleted the feed and
> tried to re-create it, but each time, I get the error "Outlook cannot
> process the RSS content from [feed URL]. The link may not point to a valid
> RSS source."
>
> I am using Outlook 2010 for RSS feeds and Internet Explorer 9 for
> browsing.
> (I cannot change these tools; they are our corporate standards.) We are
> currently running XWIKI 4.2 milestone 1.
>
> Do you have any ideas about why basic authentication might *suddenly* stop
> working -- or only work intermittently?
>
> Thanks!
> Lisa

I'm not sure it's the auth part that's broken. Try to open the URL in a
browser and then validate its output, for example using
http://validator.w3.org/appc/#validate_by_input

--
Sergiu Dumitriu
http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Hi Sergiu, it does not validate. However, RSS feeds ARE still working on our
two *development* instances (not production); and those URLs do not validate
either.

I am checking with my the server administrators; they might have changed a
security setting, or something like that, on the production server.

Lisa
Lisa