On Nov 6, 2012, at 3:08 PM, iceicelady <lisa6...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> vmassol wrote
>>> Lisa posting for Debanjan:
>>>
>>> Hi Vincent,
>>>
>>> Right, I assume then we have remove "icon" from the configuration. That
>>> is
>>> exactly the way we configured in the first place (as below)
>>> rendering.transformations = macro, linkchecker
>>>
>>> Am I correct in guessing that with the configuration as above, the link
>>> checker would not work?
>>
>> It should work fine. The linkchecker transformation is independent of the
>> icon transformation.
>>
>> Does it make any change for you when you have icon transformation active
>> or not?
>>
>> Thanks
>> -Vincent
>
> If I'm understanding your question correctly, Vincent, then yes, there is a
> change.
>
> We've had this configuration in xwiki.properties all along:
> rendering.transformations = macro, linkchecker (icon transformation
> inactive)
>
> But the Link Checker has not worked properly, as described in earlier posts.
> And we have visited all the pages, multiple times.
> When Debanjan added "icon" again, the Link Checker started working as
> expected. But we *don't* want the Icon Transformation active.

ok I've tested it again with just:
rendering.transformations = macro, linkchecker

And it works just fineā€¦

Here's what I did:
* Modified xwiki.properties to have:
rendering.transformations = macro, linkchecker

(note: make sure the line is NOT commented of course ;))

* Restarted xwiki
* Went to AllDocs, clicked on external links tab, it's empty
* Went to Sandbox.WebHome
* Went again to AllDocs, click on external links tab and verified it contains
one entry for http://xwiki.org (since this link is on the sandbox page)

In short, there's no reason for the icon transformation to make any difference
whether it's there or not.