On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Hamster <teun...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Something seems to be broken in XWiki 4.0 as we are able to create pages
> which containts DOTs!
>
> Problem then is, that Lucene can't/doesn't/won't index that page and the
> user can't find/search for information on that page.
>
> For example:
> Create a page with a DOT in the name, for example "Mijn.Test" and take a
> look at the Class of that page, you will see "Mijn\.Test"
>
> An "\" has been added to escape the DOT (at least, that's what I think),
> causing trouble for the search engine.

Yes, the backslash is for escaping the dot so that it isn't considered
as space-page separator when the document reference is
parsed/resolved, but this is only when the document reference is
serialized. The dot is allowed in the page name and the reference
serialization with backslash is perfectly normal. Lucene should either
use a document reference resolver or get the document name using the
API. If it doesn't then it's a bug in Lucene. I doubt that's the
problem though.

Hope this helps,
Marius