Vincent,
actually I'm happy with both styles for boxes, because I regularly have
several types of them in one page:

1. code excerpts ({{code}} with sharp corners, difference from {{box}}
and >quote is monospace font),

2. informational messages (e.g. {{warning}}, {{info}} — rounded ones
with regular font. I added {{message}} custom macro without icon for
more generic cases).

I think different box styles make pages richer not only in appearance
but also helps to grok meaning of content. Therefore I don't see need to
make all boxes looking "nice and rounded".

Also, It would be good idea to add description of all different "Boxes"
in Syntax guide (at least for these I know):

{{code}}
{{box}}
{{{block group}}}
>quote