Hello,

This has frustrated me to no end. I have a custom authenticator based on the
http example
(https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/sandbox/blob/master/authenticators/xwiki-authentication-http/src/main/java/org/xwiki/contrib/authentication/http/XWikiHTTPAuthenticator.java)
 and it works well, except for one thing.

In the linked code, you'll see a method syncUser that creates the user if
necessary. I would like to modify this section to place the user in more than
one global group. Here is my best attempt:

// Right after the createUser() call...

XWikiGroupService groupService = context.getWiki().getGroupService(context);
groupService.addUserToGroup(validUserFullName, context.getDatabase(),
"XWiki.SomeGroup", context);
groupService.addUserToGroup(validUserFullName, context.getDatabase(),
"XWiki.AnotherGroup", context);

But this is just creating the users. If I log in as superadmin and check the
groups, they are empty. Any ideas?

Thanks!!