I am in a private wiki site used for documentation.  You must be a user to
see anything, so "Unregistered Users" can only see the login page.  On my
wiki I am using the "Menu Application", which unregistered users do not have
access to.  So on the login page there is an error "Failed to execute the
[include] macro".  The long version says

org.xwiki.rendering.macro.MacroExecutionException: Current user
[XWiki.XWikiGuest] doesn't have view rights on document [xwiki:Menu.Wiki
Level Menu]

This is correct.  I don't want XWikiGuest to see the menu.  Any idea how I
could get rid of the error?

I tried searching and found references to xwiki.hasAccessLevel.   Am I on
the right track?

I am using XWiki 5.4.2 with MySQL and Tomcat 7