Just some feedback:

I tried to run the ZIP version, but when I launch "start_xwiki.bat", a
windows cmd screen flashes and nothing happens.

With a bit of excellent timing hitting the "Print Scrn" button, I was able
to capture the cmd screen :-)

It displays: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jr7\bin\java.exe" is not
recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch
file.

Which is true, as I havn't installed Java7 :-)

It would be nice if the windows cmd would not close, so a user could read
the actual error message!