Hi Anca,

My XWiki (www.wikiderm.de) is build up like a encyclopedia and consists of
entry pages, which I'm using a custom class called EntryClass.
The class object stores the entries title, letter and the actual entry text
("entry"), which is just plain XWiki 2.0 syntax enriched with custom style
classes like

(% class="Level-1" %)
(% class="Level-2" %)
including a custom image macro: {{zoombox Bilder="..." /}}.

Here is an example of how the entry text might look like:
(% class="Ebene-1" %)
(% class="Bullet" %)-(%%) Mangel an Nikotinsäureamid

(% class="Eintrag-2" %)
(% class="Feature" %)KL:(%%) lange schwarze Papillae filiformes {{zoombox
Bilder="Klinik, Lingua villosa nigra.jpg" Autoren="Sören Rabenhorst"
Institute="Hautärzte am Markt" Orte="Dortmund" /}}

So, no HTML here, except for the macro, which of course renders to HTML.

The EntrySheet for the EntryClass includes some script code via JSX and CSS
via SSX and then just renders the entry class property via:

{{velocity}}$xwiki.ssx.use(...)$xwiki.jsx.use("...")$doc.display("entry"){{/velocity}}
(This needs to be a one-liner, otherwise I get unwanted extra line-breaks
in the rendered output)

I've added an annotation at http://www.wikiderm.de/Kompendium/BCG-Vakzine,
so you can check the improper rendering. :-)
Annotations are not shown by default. The XWki 5.4.4 was installed from
scratch, so no clutter from updating or scattered versions.

Thank you for your help!!

Michael

> Hello Michael,
>
> there is a chance that this is a standard issue, but it also depends on
> what you're trying to do.
>
> The main limitation of the annotations is that they are not working on
> content rendered with the {{html}} macro, because they are rendered at the
> XDOM Level and the html macro is not parsed in the XDOM. So if your sheet
> does everything in a html macro, than chances are it won't work. If your
> sheet is rendering using the xwiki syntax, then stuff should work fine.
>
> Can you describe a bit more in detail your problem? or if you have an
> online server, show us there what's happening? is your sheet custom? can
> you show the code of your sheet? a screenshot of "isn't rendering
> properly"?
>
> Anca
>

> On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Michael Bußler <
> michael.buss...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I observed the Annotation-code in XWiki is having problems with the
> general
> > approach of having a document-class rendered by a class-specific sheet.
> > E.g. the highlighting of text passages isn't rendering properly.
> > Is this a general limitation or am I doing something wrong with the
> > classes' sheet? It's more or less a listing of textfields fed by class
> > properties.
> >
> > Best, Michael

Dipl.-Inf. Michael Bußler
Forststr. 24