Mostly easier packaging. All we have to do is declare jquery as a
dependency and it end up in the WAR.

We used to copy/paste jquery source in our own github repository which
is pretty bad (and other libraries are still there that we need to
move the same way). We could unzip the jar at build time but from the
tests there does not seems to be much performance penalty.

--
Thomas Mortagne