On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Gerritjan Koekkoek
<gerritjankoekk...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the new SOLR search (i did not understand the old

Lucene very well)

My use-case is the following.

We have a special FAQ application where the object has, amongst others, the

following attributes:

- Subject

- Topic-group

- Language

- Question

- Answer

he default search returns page-title/name, but this is in our case a

non-informational, generated by the system code. So instead of Page name we

would like to show: Subject

You have 3 options:

(1) Use Velocity to output the value of the subject property in the
FAQ title. See
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-blog/xwiki-platform-blog-ui/src/main/resources/Blog/BlogPostSheet.xml#L36
Gerritjan: Thanks this is helpful but see below....

(2) I doesn't make sense to have a separate String property to store
the subject when you can store it in the document title.
The designer of our FAQ has opted to store multiple objects of same class
in one page. (because XWiki does not support "multiple locales
(language-country)" on a object level. So the title must pick the subject
name of the object of the current language-country combination. When we
just display the subject we do not need to solve this challenge.

(3) Customize the entire search page just to change the way the search
results are displayed
Yes I fear there is no way around this?

As facets we would like to show Topic-group and Language,

Default (on entering the page with search box) we would like to set the

context-language as a search filter... So when reader is reading french the

result only shows french FAQ (with a french subject title) if english only

english.

By checking and unchecking languages in the facets the user could extend or

reduce the search.

This is already the case with the default search. The context language
is checked by default in the locale facet. See
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-search/xwiki-platform-search-solr/xwiki-platform-search-solr-ui/src/main/resources/Main/SolrSearchConfig.xml#L74
.
It looks the context language is only looking at language attribute of page.
We need to compare with attribute in object.
I think it would be useful if some explanation is how the object-based
facets can be defined.

A challenge is the topic field, this is a list with translation key. So if

user is french-language the list will show french topics, but if he/she

check english as well in facets things get complicated.

We have a business-rule that the english collection of FAQ's is the

baseline, and most comprehensive. The other languages are only translations

of the same. So another languages can not have a question not translated.

So my question is:

How to define the search

http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Solr+Search+Application#HForDevelopers
http://design.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Design/SolrSchema
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Solr+Search+Query+API
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/

How to modify the output so page-title is no longer showing

How to modify facets so only the two fields can be set

See
https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-faq/xwiki-platform-faq-ui/src/main/resources/FAQCode/FAQSearch.xml#L49
.This helps...

Hope this helps,