On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 8:09 PM, cmherman <christi...@meridianlink.com> wrote:
> Hm. If ($hasEdit) can't be recontextualized I guess I'll have to expand my
> options. Thanks for the link.
>
> BTW, the problem I had with opening and closing the velocity macro is that,
> in a panel, closing the velocity macro signals the end of the panel to the
> CSS.

Hmm this is not really related to {{velocity}} macro but to what
#panelheader produces actually (there is no way for the css to even
know there was a {{velocity}} macro at all). We really need a more
"modern" {{panel}} macro instead of that crappy velocity based
#panelheader/#panelfooter...

Anyway as I told you for the use case you described in your example
there is no needed to cut the velocity content if you use the proper
rights API.

> The entire contents of the panel appear in the sidebar but only the
> header is enclosed in the box. The rest of the panels contexts float in
> whitespace between the Product Wikis panel box and the next panel's box. So,
> functional but ugly.

Thomas Mortagne