Hi,

For installing an extension on the entire farm (i.e. on all subwikis), you
can install it on the main wiki, using the Extension Manager > Add
Extension and selecting for an extenion you wish to install "Install on
farm" from the arrow next to the "Install" button.

I am not sure I understand you other issues though.

If one of the issues you are describing is to synchronize some content
across multiple wikis, you could just make a little script [1] that once
executed, copies a specified page on multiple specified wikis so the
content of that page becomes synchronized across those wikis. Don`t forget
that XWiki is primarily a development platform, so you are free to
script/develop your way to new features that are not available by default.

Thanks,
Eduard

[1] http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/Scripting