De: users [users-boun...@xwiki.org] en nombre de Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar
[c.robbenh...@espresto.com]
Enviado: miércoles, 28 de enero de 2015 13:02
Para: users@xwiki.org
Asunto: Re: [xwiki-users] some issues upgrading to 6.4

On 01/28/2015 12:11 PM, ricardo.julio.rodriguez.fernan...@sergas.es wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> I've just updated a 6.3 installation to 6.4 and it seems to me that something
> went wrong... I think I followed the same steps I successfully did in
> previous upgrades of the 6.x series, but this time it doesn't work. The
> process is outlined in the first comment of this page...
>
> http://atriumkm.idisantiago.es/bin/ICT/XWikiUpgrade
>
> This time, the last line was not true...
>
> "The upgrade of the interface will be launched once an administrator log in."
>
> Nothing happened once I've restarted the server. Thus, I've tried to import
> the 6.4 xar file. After a number of "bad gateway errors", I managed to import
> all new files selecting only some pages in a series of import actions. Then,
> change default Admin password, remove login right to Guest and config again
> All and Admin groups.
>
> Almost all seems OK now, but there are at least a couple of issues here...
>
> 1) The installation keeps telling that it is a 6.3 release. This means that
> $xwiki.getVersion() is not aware of the update, or that the update has not
> succeed! You can check it here...

Unless I am mistaken, this version is stored in the property file:

 webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/version.properties

If you still see a 6.3 there it is not unlikely that something with the upgrade
part on the file system did not succeed.
If your XWiki installation still "thinks" it is 6.3, then the DW to update to
6.4 will not appear.
(Actually the DW uses the version number found in the
webapps/xwiki/META-INF/maven/org.xwiki.enterprise/xwiki-enterprise-web/pom.xml
These should better not differ anyway. )

 In WEB-INF/lib/ all the xwiki-platform-*.jar should have a 6.4 in the
filename, too. If they do not, something went wrong.

Maybe check first if you really have the 6.4-vesion of the *.war file
installed, and retry this step of the install if this is not the case.