On 02/03/2015 06:07 PM, Jamal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've set up a blog for a single space using the "blog inside an existing
> space" option, so the blog URL is ".../xwiki/bin/view/MySpace/Blog"
>
> As per the documentation, I added the following line to the HTTP Meta Info
> section in the space's admin options:
>
> <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Blog RSS Feed"
> href="$xwiki.getURL('Blog.BlogRss', 'view', 'xpage=plain')" />
>
> Now how do I generate an RSS feed for only the space blog?
>
> When I try ".../xwiki/bin/view/MySpace/Blog/BlogRss?xpage=plain" I get an
> unformatted HTML page.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

 You are trying to "glue" things together in a way that does not work.
The URL for viewing pages always has a form like xwiki/bin/view/<SPACE>/<PAGE>
you cannot use it to resolve to xwiki/bin/view/<SPACE>/<PAGE>/<VIEW> or the
like.

Instead you will have the call the 'Blog.BlogRSS' page and try to see
if you can somehow cause it to display entries from a different blog but the
main one.

So if you look at the code in the page Blog.BlogRss at
 http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/BlogRss?viewer=code

You can see it includes macros from a page Blog.RssCode
and the first macro to be executed is '#getTargetBlog' ... this sounds
promising :)

If you check the actual velocity macro code in
http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/RssCode?viewer=code, you can see the
Blog to be listed is fetched from the 'blog' request parameter.

So in your case you should be able to say:

 <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="Blog RSS Feed"
href="$xwiki.getURL('Blog.BlogRss', 'view', 'xpage=plain&blog=MySpace.Blog')" />

I have to admit I have not tried if it really works, but I think it should ;)

Cheers
Clemens