I know it's possible to setup tomcat itself to do TLS but personally I would
look at using an Apache/AJP connector or Nginx/HTTP for handling the TLS and
proxying back to the Tomcat server. I know Apache/AJP -> Tomcat to be well
tested but I'll throw in a word for Nginx/HTTP -> Jetty just because I have
a personal soft spot for it :)

Thanks,
Caleb

On 04/27/2015 08:57 PM, Niko B. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup SSL/TLS on xwiki running tomcat7. I am trying to find
> the tomcat conf file and the java directory but they dont seem to be in the
> default location. Since we are running tomcat, the ssl certificate would
> have to be in tomcat correct? Would this be easier in Jetty? Does anyone
> have instructions on how to setup SSL/TLS on xwiki or can someone point me
> in the right direction?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Satire is the escape hatch from the cycle of sorrow, hatred and violence.
#JeSuisCharlie