Hi Bastian,

On 4 Sep 2015 at 10:55:34, ruschhauptb
(bastian.ruschha...@bva.bund.de(mailto:bastian.ruschha...@bva.bund.de)) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we try to run XWIKI with an Oracle 12c Database, but have not been succesful
> yet.
>
> We changed the property in the hibernate.cfg.xml to
> org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle12cDialect
>
> but we only get this error:

[snip]

> 11 common frames omitted\nCaused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle12cDialect\n\tat

This is because this hibernate dialect doesn’t exist in Hibernate 3.6.9 Final
that we use. This Hibernate issue
https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-9044 suggests that a Oracle 12c
dialect has been introduced only in Hibernate 5.0.0. However maybe using
org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle10gDialect will work. Have you tried using that
dialect?

[snip]

> Does XWIKI support oracle12c? This artikel
>
> says that only 11.x is supported, but the article was updated the in 2014
> the last time.
>
> If there is a way to run xwiki with an oracle 12c database, what do we have
> to do?

I personally haven’t tried XWiki with Oracle 12 so I don’t know. Let us know if
the suggestion above works.