In 7.4, I've created an app within minutes. One of the properties in the app
is a computed field that returns a list of users that meet some specific
criteria. If I leave the custom display field for the property blank, the
contents are displayed as follows:

[XWiki.john_smith, XWiki.mark_sack]

What I would really like to do is display them as hyperlinks to the
corresponding user page. I thought that I could use a script in the custom
display field to accomplish this. Reading the following note
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/FAQ/Which+variables+I+can+use+in+%22Custom+Display%22+field
there are some variables available. It looks like the $value variable should
contain the computed list of users. But if I put a script like the following
into the custom display field:

{{velocity}}
$name
$prefix
$object
$type
$value
{{/velocity}}

the result is as follows

Usuarios
Secti.Admin.Setores.Code.SetoresClass_0_
com.xpn.xwiki.api.Object@543f3466
view
$value

The first four values are correct as far as I can tell. But the $value
variable does not appear to be populated. Does anyone have a suggestion as
to how I can achieve my desired result with the hyperlinks?