I am creating a knowledge base for a local municipal code which follows a
typical book hierarchy. I plan on using nested pages to create a pages
hierarchy for navigating and searching the code text at different levels. For
example each end page would have a space path like so:

Title 19.Part 2.Chapter 4.Section 100
Title 19.Part 2.Chapter 4.Section 200
etc.

Currently I am using a Velocity macro to create links to each child page and at
the chapter level I also start including the child pages. I then follow the
links to make the child pages. This works relatively well but has a couple of
disadvantages. 1) It is slow to create each page by repeatedly following the
links, selecting the template and pasting the next tier of code. 2) It
hardcodes the child page names which if changed (say due to a typo) must be
updated by hand each time.

I am wondering if there is a more efficient way that I can automate the page
and link creation process. Ideally I would have a way to create the complete
page hierarchy by providing the names and levels of each page with the same
code in each page providing a link to each child of that page. Then I could
paste the content text into each page at the end of the branch. I have done
something similar to this using Jeykell but that is much simpler as it is
static content based on the file structure. If I am going about this all the
wrong way I am open to other suggestions.

Regards,

Jesse