> Deploy the XWiki Enterprise 8.0 WAR , install in Tomcat 8
> According to this article
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ShortURLs  make
> http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ as http://localhost:8080/Main/
> I remove tomcat ROOT folder,copy xwiki war and rename ROOT
> now I have a question:
> I put robots.txt in /ROOT,then I found that http://localhost:8080/robots.txt
> file not found.
> I found that web.xml has redirect,so I put
> <servlet-mapping>
>     <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
>     <url-pattern>/robots.txt</url-pattern>
>   </servlet-mapping>
> also not use.
>
> now , i need romove web.xml  redirect Related configuration file?

The problem is that the webapp thinks you want to display a Wiki space named
"robots.txt"

You likely need to adapt the URL rewrite, i.e. this part:

 http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/ShortURLs#HUrlRewriteFilter

There is the list of static urls, near the comment: "Ensure that URLs that must
not be served by the Struts Servlet are not modified"

You should be successful if you add /robots.txt as a special case here, like:

<from>^/((bin|resources|skins|rest|webdav|xmlrpc|wiki|webjars)/(.*)|robots\.txt)$</from>

at least I hope it works that way; I have to admit I did not check if it really
works.