> On 04 May 2016, at 20:19, Vincent Massol <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:
>

>> On 04 May 2016, at 19:18, Peredo, Francisco <fper...@amazon.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> A few days ago I summited this as a bug
>> http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XRENDERING-448. I would like to thank Vincent
>> for the quick response on it, but am a little surprised by the response and
>> the change from "Bug" into "New Feature" request, because to me this feels
>> like a bug in syntax precedence, where syntax tokens have a higher order of
>> operations than the {{ }} macro syntax tokens when it should be the other
>> way around: The macro should have higher precedence in the syntax tree and
>> get evaluated before being used as a source for the image tag. In my opinion
>> that would provide the most flexible and dynamic behavior for Xwiki users.
>
> Your precedence assumptions are not correct AFAIK. You could check the javacc
> grammar if you wish at
> https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-rendering/blob/master/xwiki-rendering-wikimodel/src/main/javacc/XWiki21Scanner.jj

Actually this is not correct. Parsing is done according the grammar and then
macros are executed as a second step as a Transformation (i.e. after the XDOM
has been created), see http://rendering.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome

Thus is why rendering Macros cannot be used in the way you were imagining. In
short they can never be used to generate wiki syntax parts. They can generate
full syntax though.