Hi,

I've experimented with Jelastic. To my pleasant surprise in their marketplace
there is XWiki.

It promises a click and run setup; that could help making XWiki popular.

But the experience was very disappointing. I think this will actually damage
popularity.

What I noticed:

  *   Jelastic marketplace XWiki is based on a Milestone Relase instead of a
stable release.
  *   It is deployed on a tomcat instance; but the settings are such that you
get the Upgrade wizard quite conveniently (+++) but then clicking "install"
results in a very slow (-----) process that, in my case, never succeeded in a
up-and-running XWiki
  *   The Tomcat log shows memory problems, and this is confirmed to the user
with Elastic emails that Tomcat is reaching limits

Would it not be useful if somebody from the community would configure a much
better XWiki experience? My knowledge is not good enough to do the
Administrator stuff required

Gerritjan Koekkoek
Vader van Rai Koekkoek (cdls) en voorzitter vereniging CdLS
Visit our website<http://www.cdlsworld.org>
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/gerritjan.koekkoek>
email<gerrit...@cdlsworld.org>