xwiki is working now. i did not know that beside to change systemwide to java 8, i also had to edit the tomcat properties to do so.

     Java Version

Make sure Tomcat is executed with the rightJava version <http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Installation#HHardwareandSoftwarerequirements>.

This is usually indicated in/etc/default/tomcat<version>configuration file.

thanks for the support