I installed the CKEditor on my 8.1 installation and it worked the first time
I tried to edit a page, but after that I get the same spinning sprocket that
I do with the default 8.1 WYSIWYG editor over HTTPS using the Nginx reverse
proxy. All editors work when going directly to Tomcat over HTTP. They also
work using Nginx to proxy just HTTP traffic instead of HTTPS.

I also tried setting xwiki.url.protocol=https in xwiki.cfg based on one of
the comments from Sergiu Dumitriu in XWIKI-5771 but that didn't help either.

Based on the Tomcat installation instructions, I made the following changes
to my \etc\tomcat\server.xml:

<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
                        connectionTimeout="20000"
                        URIEncoding="UTF-8"
                        redirectPort="8443"
                        secure="true"                    # Added value
                        scheme="https" />            # Added value

<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RemoteIpValve"
           remoteIpHeader="x-forwarded-for"
protocolHeader="x-forwarded-proto" />

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,