Does it fail if you run mvn clean install directly from
xwiki-platform/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-mail/
xwiki-platform-mail-send/xwiki-platform-mail-send-default/ ? This works
fine for me on master branch. I don't have time right now to test the build
for the entire platform, which is not needed by the way, because we have
ci.xwiki.org for this.

Hope this helps,
Marius