Hi,

We have a problem with special characters like ÖÄÜ in page titles since some
time.

I’ll try to explain our problem:

The browser address line is if you want to create a new page (Übeltäter is the
title):

“…/xwiki/bin/edit/MBS/MBS-Members/MKL/Übeltäter/WebHome?template=&parent=MBS.MBS-Members.MKL.WebHome&title=Übeltäter”

This results in a document with the following title: �beltäter (the browser
shows a more weired title...)

The xwiki address of the document is still correct:

“…/xwiki/bin/view/MBS/MBS-Members/MKL/Übeltäter/”

if you now create a document like this:

“…/xwiki/bin/view/MBS/MBS-Members/MKL/Übeltäter/Übung/” (which gets the title:
Ã?bung)

The document is not shown as a child of the above but you can show the document
if you enter the address in the browser directly and you are also able to find
it via search..

No other problems so far when using these characters within the documents.
We didn’t had this problems in beginning. I had checked a backup of the system
which is a few months old (Version 7.4.2) – no problems here

We are running Xwiki Version 7.4.4., OS is Ubuntu Linux 14.04.5 LTS, with UTF-8
support..
The Xwiki parameters have not been changed between the backup and the current
system except for installation of the JIRA API and patches for the OS. .

I hope I was able to explain our problem precisely enough.

Any help is appreciated

Regards, Wolfgang