Hi Miroslav,

> On 06 Sep 2016, at 09:04, Miroslav Galajda <miroslav.gala...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, does anyone have idea, how to automatically modify/generate url from
> page title so that the url doesn't contains accents or any special
> characters. I want to achieve simmilar approach used in CMS system Umbraco.
> Which creates url based on page title but strips spaces and any characters
> that requires url encoding.
>
> I've found xwiki.urlfactory.serviceclass in xwiki.cfg. What is
> responsibility of that class? What is it purpose? Can it be used to solve
> my requirement?

XWiki supports lots of languages out of the box (you just need to configure the
encoding properly). Actually we’ve gone to great length to ensure that any
character is valid in page and space names! :)

May I ask why you would want to strip some characters?

Now you shouldn’t act at the level of the URLs since the URLs are just used to
find the corresponding document in XWiki. If you strip some char from the URL
then you won’t be able to point a URL to an existing document anymore ;)

So what you really want is instead to act at the level of document creation
(the Add Page dialog box) and do the stripping there IMO.

However ATM we don’t provide any extension point for doing this so you’d need
to modify the corresponding vm file (create.vm I think, which calls other vms)
and do future merges of that file by hand whenever you upgrade your XWiki
instance in the future.

I recommend to reconsider going in that direction and instead letting XWiki
handle all chars.