If I remember correctly, XWiki uses the first incoming request to store the
information by which hostname it is called, and uses this information in the
background thread that sends the watchlist mails.

a) If you are sure that everyone accesses your wiki through the actual host
name, you should be able to fix the problem by restarting the wiki
b) If that does not help: check if you have a proxy in front of XWiki; maybe
that proxy does not pass through the "host" header from the browser
   (e.g apache httpd needs a "ProxyPreserveHost On" in its configuration to do
so.)
c) Finally if you want to enfore the usage of a host name, and you can add
something like

      wget --retry-connrefused --tries=100 --header 'Host: jabba.jabba.hey'
http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Main/

   to your start script to make sure XWiki uses a certain domain for the
watchlist mails

HTH,
Clemens