Hi Vincent,

I deduced (possibly wrongly) that from the fact that there's only a
Markdown Syntax 8.3 extension available, and the extension manager was
not able to install said extension at all.

When I downloaded it and placed the jar into WEB-INF/libs, the container
would not even start correctly, since it was missing the
org/xwiki/contrib/rendering/markdown10/internal/parser/AbstractMarkdownStreamParser
- after building and installing the 8.3 extension of markdown 1.1, there
was a missing pegdown dependency and so on.

And since github seems to have a 8.4-SNAPSHOT-Tag on the markdown
parser, I assumed that so far, 8.4 has no support for it.

Can you maybe tell me how to install it? Or is that because I already
set markdown/1.1 as possible renderer in xwiki.properties?