On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 5:15 PM, novnovice <novnov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Thomas. So Jetty and Tomcat are both Java EE Servers, that explains
> it.

Application servers actually. Java EE Servers are a special kind of
application servers which embed tons of standardized libraries and
APIs.

> Does it mean I should run the uninstaller for the xwiki exe? Probably.

Probably the cleanest yes.

> And
> now I recall that a good while ago I did read that the standalone isn't
> particularly meant for production use.

Yes the standalone is mostly targeting quick testing. The main issue
is that it's based on embedded database in memory which is fast but
does not scale.