I fixed the error with http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-13942 .

> Also, in the Application left navigation, application name will change to
> some kind of id/reference (e.g. ideas.app.title, TaskManager.panels.name).
> So, I have a few questions:

That's because these applications are not meant to be edited using the App
Within Minutes (
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/App+Within+Minutes+Application
) wizard. They were generated using App Within Minutes and they were
customized afterwards so editing them using the application wizard will
overwrite all those customizations, thus breaking them.

> 1. It doesn't seem natural to me that a user with role of normal user can
> Edit an Application. So what does it mean by "Editing an Application"? And
> why would it be normal to allow a user (non-admin) to edit an Application?

For me the right to edit an application and the right to administer the
wiki are separate things. You may have an "AppDevs" group that is allowed
to edit the applications and which is not allowed to administer the wiki.
You are free to setup the access rights as you want. If you want to prevent
simple users from editing the application then restrict the edit right on
the application class (see
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/App+Within+Minutes+Application#HApplicationPages
).

I agree though that the Ideas and Task Applications could restrict the edit
right to the admin group by default. You should report an issue.

> 2. I am guessing Editing an application is some kind of administrative
> activities. If so, is there any documentation regarding Applications
> administration in XWiki? I found this: http://platform.xwiki.org/
> xwiki/bin/view/Features/Applications? but it covers only Installing and
> (a bit of) Usage. It references other documentation for Development of
> Application or XWiki itself but not administration.

An application is basically a set of wiki pages that you either create
yourself or you use the App Within Minutes wizard to create the pages for
your. See http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/FAQTutorial .
The "application editing" action you tried to use is specific to App Within
Minutes.

Hope this helps,
Marius