I am attempting to follow the guidance at

http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/FAQTutorialManual

The idea of this page is to walk one through the creation of a new data
type. However the page is out of date. For example on the
xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/XWikiClasses page, things are not the same as the
tutorial image in the "Create a new data type" section. The tutorial says
one could fill out the space and class fields with "FAQ" but the 8.4.3 xwiki
does not offer a space field. The most recent comment made in Nov 2016
states

This example no longer works correctly in 8.4. However, it will if...
After you create the WebHome (FAQs) page.
Delete the FAQClass object from WebHome

For a new xwiki user this kind of stuff is confusing. I am hesitant to
proceed because I don't know what the missing "space" field implies and am
not sure if I'll get tripped up by the FAQClass issue. I already ran the
"Apps within Minutes" FAQ tutorial, so I'm concerned that I'll have a
namespace collision with this new FAQ application unless I know what the
space issue implies.