Reading the documentation of the XWiki JoDaTime module (XWiki services based)
I feel it holds a lot of value next to $datetool and $datecomparisontool
(velocity based)

But I fail to understand the documentation

http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Joda+Time+Plugin

As the examples are quite easy to read they did not clarify me enough to just
use date-values stored in XWiki XObjectProperties of type date

What default format does the property deliver; Should I use
$doc.Display(date-property)? , $doc.Display(date-property).value() or
$object.getProperty(date-property)

What I understand from JoDaTime is that it is great to render dates in 'view'
mode in the internationally localized format (Dutch Notation vs English
Notation), but when I switch to 'edit' mode how can I have a DateWidget
understands that format

So my simple question was to calculate the age based on a date-property in a
wiki object and Now?

Gerritjan Koekkoek
Vader van Rai Koekkoek (cdls) en voorzitter vereniging CdLS
Visit our website<http://www.cdlsworld.org>
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/gerritjan.koekkoek>
email<gerrit...@cdlsworld.org>