Hi Dennis,

A relatively simple solution is the following:

(1) modify the application sheet to include the following HTML at the end:

  <input type="hidden" name="xredirect" value="$doc.getURL('view',
'sheet=Path.To.NameManager')" />

The result is that whenever you create a new application entry or when you
edit an existing application entry, after you click "Save and view" you
will be taken to the view mode with ?sheet=Path.To.NameManager in the URL
query string, which means the Path.To.NameManager sheet will be applied to
the saved document.

(2) Create the Path.To.NameManager page that determines the right name for
the current document (based on its fields) and renames the current document
if needed ( using the refactoring API
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Refactoring+Module ),
finally redirecting to the view mode of the renamed document.

The problem with this solution is that it doesn't work if you use Save &
Continue and then Cancel (I think, to be checked).

Another option, more complex, is to write an event listener that catches
the document save event and renames the document if needed based on its
fields. The bad part with this is that the user is still not redirected
when using Save & Continue.

Hope this helps,
Marius