Hi,

I'm quite new in XWiki and trying to use the RestAPI to create pages, and
pages inside pages (which I think is called spaces).  I have the feeling
that 'spaces' is a legacy term, and that in the current XWiki (Enterprise
9.1), an space is just a page that contains other pages. Kindly correct me
if I'm wrong, but I have not find anywhere how to create an space.

Below the 2 URLs I'm using to create the pages. In both cases, when I use
PUT to call the 2 urls, I pass as data a content and a title. I have no
problem with the title and the content, both are being created correctly.
My end goal is to create pages, and pages withing pages.

"http://localhost:8080/xwiki/rest/wikis/xwiki/spaces/2017-2020/pages/madrid
"
"
http://localhost:8080/xwiki/rest/wikis/xwiki/spaces/2017-2020/spaces/madrid/pages/cibeles
"

In both cases, I'm using PUT and I'm able to create pages successfully,
however, not as I want:

- "
http://localhost:8080/xwiki/rest/wikis/xwiki/spaces/2017-2020/pages/madrid";
This one creates a page called "madrid" (with the content I pass)

- "
http://localhost:8080/xwiki/rest/wikis/xwiki/spaces/2017-2020/spaces/madrid/pages/cibeles
"
I would expect this one to create a page named "cibeles" inside the
previous "madrid" page.
Instead, it creates a new "madrid" page (without any text in the content,
which is fine as I dont pass anything), and inside this page, the "cibeles"
page (with the content I expect)

So, I end up having TWO pages named "madrid"

 One points to "http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/2017-2020/madrid/";
(and have inside a page named cibeles) . This "madrid" page displays this
text: "The requested page could not be found.", although inthe hierarchy
tree I see it has a page inside.

 The other (without a nested page), points to: "
http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/2017-2020/madrid"; and has a proper
content (which I passed in the PUT request)

 (notice the / at the end of the URL, "madrid" vs "madrid/" )

 How to indicate that the page should be created in an existing page
without the need to create this new parent page? Or even if I have to
create first the parent page, how to tell that the child page should be
inside that existing parent page?

 Thanks for your help,

 Juan