Hello Tobias, HEllo Vincent,

thank you for your quick answers!

I am also very interested in some links where I can read something about the correct way of creating a panel, especially a navigation panel.

BEst,
Willi

On 03/06/2017 10:48 AM, Richter, Tobias wrote:
Hi Vincent,

thanks a lot for your answer - indeed I`ve tried to find out how to create an
own navpanel -

but after a lot trial and error the menu-content wasn`t "drag-and-droppable"
(sry for the bad English) anymore. After a lot more trial and error I found out, that the
drag-and-drop behavior of

this panel and the Navigation-heading belongs to this function:

#panelheader($services.localization.render('xe.panels.navigation'))

#panelheader means in CSS/HTML --> ID

But the "services.localization.render"- function with the
'xe.panels.navigation' -String(?) is unfortunately too deep in the xwiki-backend for me.
It would be nice if you could

Send a link, where this syntax and the meaning of the function is explained in the
documentation. I know that often "2-lazy-2google" questions are asked - but
that would be

The step I want to learn next for getting deeper in the backend - for being
able to customize xwiki more for our company.

Cheers,

Toby.

That’s nice.

One recommendation though: you probably should create your own panel instead of
reusing an existing one since when you next upgrade you may get some conflict if
there are also changes in the officially-provided >Navigation Panel. Not a big
issue though, you’ll just need to choose your version over the default one if
you’re asked to choose. Also I case you need the original Nav panel it might be
best to keep it as is.

Cheers,

Toby