Hi,

first, plese let me the confusion.

As PMC member of the project, I can assure you that there is NO any
tracking facilities build into Apache Zeppelin source or binary
distribution that I'm aware of. Nither enabled nor disabled.

The parameter that you are referring, as everything under the /doc/
directory, is part of the documentation website and it does have project's
Google Analytics enabled, but it's the staic website that is generated
using Jekyll.
You can lear more about how Jekyll is used in [1].

Hope it helps to clarifie the concerns.

 1. https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/docs/README.md

--
Alex