Thanks for your explanation, Moon.

Following up on this, I can see the difference in terms of single or
multiple interpreter processes.

With respect to spark drivers, since each interpreter spawns a separate
Spark driver in regular Spark interpreter setting, it is clear to me the
different implications of the 3 binding modes.

However, when it comes to Livy server with impersonation turned on, I am a
bit confused. Will Livy interpreter always create a new Spark driver (along
with a Spark Context instance) for each user session, regardless of the
binding mode of Livy interpreter? I am not very familiar with Livy, but
from what I could tell, I see no difference between different binding modes
for Livy on as far as how Spark drivers are concerned.

Last question, when a notebook is shared among users, will they always use
the same interpreter instance/process already created?

Thanks
Chen