Hi,

The easiest way is install spark on your laptop, and configure it to use
your yarn remote cluster in a data center. And verify it with
bin/spark-shell.

Then install zeppelin and export SPARK_HOME env variable to your spark
installation. You'll need to set 'master' property to yarn-client in
zeppelin GUI (interpreter setting page).

That's it.

One thing you should consider is, your spark workers will connect to your
laptop to load compiled class from scala repl. So you'll need to make sure
your network/firewall configuration allow every nodes in your cluster able
to access your laptop. Using VPN would be one way to make it secure.

Or install Livy server on your cluster and use Livy interpreter [1] to
connect. Then all your nodes in the cluster doesn't need to connect to your
laptop.

Best,
moon