Hi,

sorry for my late reponse! I experimented a lot with this in the last days and I think I have fixed this now, but I'm not sure, what exactly the problem was. I think it has something to do with functions, which return no value (type == Unit). I changed all of them to return anything (e.g. a Boolean), so the REPL receives any return value.
What confuses me a little bit is the fact that also the usage of the %sql function / the spark sql context is sometimes responsible for the scheduler blocks. I do nothing more than querying some cached temp tables. As soon as I change the query a little bit, the problem seems to be away. Jstack helps a lot to find these issues.

Best regards
Florian